You will be responsible for ensuring that European and UK Company operations are compliant with all EU and UK environmental regulatory and customer specific requirements. You will liaise with colleagues in HQ Japan and globally. The scope of your responsibility will include management and technical support for environmental management systems.
You will develop and implement continuous improvement measures. You will have a working knowledge and previous experience of environmental legislation and the implementation of environmental systems.
This position will suit a self-starter who wishes a role with regional wide responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities / Main Objectives
• Environmental compliance for manufacturing plants and office-based activities.
• Centralisation of European and UK Environmental Legal matters, Customer Specific Requirements and Environmental compliance requirements.
• Develop, implement and maintain compliance systems, processes and practices.
• Monitor, audit and report on legal environmental and customer specific compliance, and manage actions to assure compliance and continual improvement.
• Provide technical support and guidance to a global supply chain into the EU and UK. This includes REACH, SCIP, Biocides, IMDS etc.
• Maintain certification to ISO 14001 Management Systems and lead audits.
• Management, coordination and compilation of carbon footprint data, analysis and processing through to a third party verified carbon footprint report.
• Collect and collate data and compile reports.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of EU and UK environmental legislation and customer specific requirements, for example REACH, SCIP, Biocides, CSR, CDP, etc.
Education & Qualifications
• Appropriate recognised professional qualifications.
• Driving Licence.
• Able to work on own initiative and have a motivated self-learning style.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisation and effectively communicate orally and in writing, both internally and externally to the Company.
• The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and guidance.
• Project Management: Able to organise and schedule events, activities and resources. Set up measures and monitor timescales and plans. Liaison with others in the Company internationally.
• Problem solving: Able to use a range of methods to identify and solve issues.
• The role is predominately UK based, but travel internationally will be required in the performance of the job.
• Comprehensive knowledge and use of MS office packages.
• Automotive experience would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and practical experience of compiling a carbon footprint and other environmental data.
• Knowledge and understanding of IMDS (International Material Data System).
• A competitive salary
• Competitive remuneration
• Working with state-of-the-art technologies on development of premium brand cars
• Possibility of raising professional qualifications and language competences;
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays, rising after 5 years of service
• Cycle to work scheme
• Pension Plan
• Life Assurance
Feeling exited to become a part of our team? Send us your CV to HR@nippon-seiki.eu.com. We are looking forward to receiving your application!Apply Now Back to Careers