Lead DevOps Engineer (Redditch, UK)
Nippon Seiki Group is one of the world’s leading suppliers for the Automotive Industry with an innovative product range in Driver Information Systems. Our passion and goal is deliver instrument panels and display modules with high quality, readability and reliability throughout the entire lifecycle of a car.
Being market leader in high-end Head-Up Display, Nippon Seiki is a benchmark to the industry for middle and high segment automobile brands.
Our 15.000 employees all over the globe strive every day to design, develop and produce high-end product solutions for our customers. Working closely with larger international automotive manufacturers, from the early life stage of new car models to the manufacturing process, we operate at the center of next generation driver information systems development.
Nippon Seiki (Europe) B.V (NSEU) has been established in 2002 and is a fully owned subsidiary of Nippon Seiki Co. Ltd., based in Nagaoka, Japan. Our European headquarter is located in Hoofddorp – The Netherlands. We focus on the European automotive market with our engineering sites located close to the industry in Munich, Rüsselsheim, Paris, Redditch (UK) and a software development office in Gdansk.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer within the Process and Tools Group, you will lead the DevOps Team. Together with your team, you will work closely with IT team, the project development teams, the Process Team and the Software Quality Assurance Team to maintain and improve automated and robust development environments. You will maintain and contribute to the understanding of the DevOps function for others within the company.
You will be capable of being hands-on for DevOps activities where necessary and map the future for current and future DevOps developments and activities. You will support your team and others in the resolution of issues with existing tools and toolchains as well as the development of new and novel ones.
- University degree in Software Engineering, IT Engineering or similar
- Experience as a DevOps team member or Team Leader. Experience of local server or/and cloud based CI/CD development and maintenance.
- Hands on experience in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and Deployment (toolchain integration): e.g. JIRA/Confluence & Add-Ons, RTC, PTC, Jenkins, Gerrit, Crucible, SVN, GIT, etc.
- Hands on experience in Tasks Automation and Scripting: RegExp, Batch, Bash and Python
- Experience/knowledge of Linux administration: Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu; configuration, scripting
- Knowledge of Windows and Active Directory, computer networks and network security (authentication, LDAP, SSH)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL (nice to have in practice)
- Good intercultural communication skills
- Very good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Soft Skills: Proactive, Cooperative, Team Lead ability/Team Player, “Can Do” attitude and “Bright” open minded
- A competitive salary
- A pleasant working environment with strong focus on flexibility and work-life balance
- Working with state-of-the-art technologies on development of premium brand cars
- A chance to boost up your career in a multi-national company
- Bonus programmes i.e. yearly bonus, employee awards
- Additional vacation days
Feeling excited to become a part of our team? Please send your CV in English to Rebecca.email@example.com or via Apply Now button.Apply Now Back to Careers